1. a particular kind (as to appearance);
2. how something is done or how it happens;
3. a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.) that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period;
4. distinctive and stylish elegance;
5. the popular taste at a given time;
6. (botany) the narrow elongated part of the pistil between the ovary and the stigma
7. editorial directions to be followed in spelling and punctuation and capitalization and typographical display
8. a pointed tool for writing or drawing or engraving;
9. a slender bristlelike or tubular process;
1. designate by an identifying term;
2. make consistent with a certain fashion or style;
3. make consistent with certain rules of style;
The matter in your essay is excellent but the style is deplorable.
The two writers are not dissimilar in style.
Good, you have exactly hit off the writer's style.
The scholar discoursed at great length on the poetic style of John Keats.
This painting exemplifies the artist's early style.
He is a very popular writer but I don't like his style.
His writing has great clarity of style.
Thomas Carlyle , notwithstanding his tedious rhetoric, is a master of the sublime in prose style.
The letter is written in a formal style.
The frock is now out of style.
It is a classic style of Gothic buildings.
The very style of the book is fascinating.
The room was done over in traditional style.
The style of vagary and ghastfulness and the sense of mystery are full of thestory of Allan.
He tried to write in a biblical style.
This book is sound in content and lively in style.
That dress is such a good style it will be fashionable for years.
the discursive style of the novel
Staff respond well to her unbuttoned style of management.
He responded in champion's style by treating the fans to an exhibition of power and speed.
This will give your promotional material individuality and style.
It isn't their diplomatic style to commit themselves on such a delicate issue.
Susan's idea of freedom was to have variety in her life style.
He lived in considerable style, travelling widely, usually with a cook, valet, butler and chauffeur in attendance.
The style was quite androgynous.
Leslie lightens her hair and has now had it cut into a short, feathered style.
Mr Blair was not off guard. That is not his style.
in style (或 in grand style)
in an impressive, grand, or luxurious way
Es gibt relativ wenig Informationen über style. Vielleicht können Sie sich eine zweisprachige Geschichte ansehen, um Ihre Stimmung zu entspannen. Ich wünsche Ihnen einen schönen Tag!
Wörter, die mit Buchstabe C beginnen
Wörter, die mit Buchstabe E beginnen
Wörter, die mit Buchstabe K beginnen