1. a small contrasting part of something;
2. a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation;
3. a piece of cloth used as decoration or to mend or cover a hole
4. a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition;
5. a short set of commands to correct a bug in a computer program
6. a connection intended to be used for a limited time
7. sewing or darning that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment);
8. a protective cloth covering for an injured eye
9. a piece of soft material that covers and protects an injured part of the body
1. to join or unite the pieces of;
2. provide with a patch; also used metaphorically;
3. mend by putting a patch on;
4. repair by adding pieces;
Only a tiny patch of blue was visible in the cloudy sky.
This patch looks a bit unprofessional.
Try to patch things up between them, will you?
They have tried to patch up their differences.
My son and his girlfriend have had yet another row, but no doubt they'll patch it up by the weekend.
He hit a bad patch this year, having two operations in three months.
We managed to patch our quarrel.
Give me some cloth to patch your trousers.
Do you think it possible to patch up a piece of furniture or two with this wood?
His new book isn't a patch on his others.
He had a patch on the elbow of his jacket.
Our firm has just struck a difficult patch.
The patch enables smokers to wean themselves off cigarettes very gradually.
The company I work for went through a rough patch.
His marriage was going through a bad patch.
The plane had plowed a path through a patch of forest before coming to rest in a field.
I've been bashed up by people with baseball bats because they said I was thieving on their patch.
We can patch up those holes.
With fewer tourists in town, the taxi trade is going through its leanest patch for 30 years.
His finger went up to touch the black patch which covered his left eye.
She has gone on holiday with her husband to try to patch up their marriage.
He's not a patch on the rest of the Cabinet.
They tried digging in a patch just below the cave.
In the last 10 minutes Tranmere struck a purple patch which culminated in their goal.
Older machines will need a software patch to be loaded to correct the date.
They managed to patch it up.
She went to the hospital and found him lying down with a patch over his eye.
All of a sudden she seemed to want to make peace and patch up our quarrel.
Handsome, she thought, but not a patch on Alex.
not a patch on
(Brit. informal)greatly inferior to
he no longer looked so handsome—he wasn't a patch on Peter.
mend, repair, patch, fix
هناك القليل من المعلومات نسبيًا حول patch ، ربما يمكنك مشاهدة قصة ثنائية اللغة لتهدئة حالتك المزاجية ، أتمنى لك يومًا سعيدًا!
الكلمات التي تبدأ بحرف C
الكلمات التي تبدأ بحرف E
الكلمات التي تبدأ بحرف K