1. a remark that calls attention to something or someone;
2. a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage;
3. an indicator that orients you generally;
4. a book to which you can refer for authoritative facts;
5. a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person's qualifications and dependability;
6. the most direct or specific meaning of a word or expression; the class of objects that an expression refers to;
7. the act of referring or consulting;
8. a publication (or a passage from a publication) that is referred to;
9. the relation between a word or phrase and the object or idea it refers to;
1. refer to;
The library contains a large number of foreign language reference books.
We spent days going through all related reference material.
I like to have my reference books within my reach.
It has many omissions ; even so, it is quite a useful reference book.
An Ordnance Survey grid reference gives the position of a place to within 100 metres.
No reference books are to be taken out of the reading room without permission.
This article can be read for reference.
The booklet is very practical and handy of reference.
This test is to be taken by all pupils without reference to age or grade.
The headmaster supplied him with a reference.
The above views may or may not be correct, they are only for your reference.
Avoid any reference to his illness.
My opinion hasn't been well thought out and is only for your reference.
In studying current affairs you might read this article for reference.
Keep the dictionary at your elbow so you can use it for reference anytime.
This card should be kept on file for reference.
The matter, they decided, lay outside the commission's terms of reference.
Read these notes carefully and keep them for future reference.
He wrote a reference for him, describing his reliability and trustworthiness as "above questioning".
It was very conveniently situated just across the road from the City Reference Library.
He made only a veiled reference to international concerns over human rights issues.
No reference to their existence appears in any literature of the period.
It was an oblique reference to his mother.
The crowd chanted "No Poll Tax", a reference to the government's new local taxation system.
I'm calling in reference to your series on prejudice.
I am writing with reference to your article on salaries for scientists.
Do we still have any fixed point of reference in the teaching of English?
No direct reference was made to the call by the Foreign Office minister.
This might be done without reference to Parliament.
Make a note of the reference number shown on the form.
for future reference
for use at a later date
she lodged this idea in the back of her mind for future reference.
terms of reference
the scope and limitations of an activity or area of knowledge
the minister will present a plan outlining the inquiry's terms of reference.
with (或 in) reference to
in relation to; as regards
war can only be explained with reference to complex social factors.
reference সম্পর্কে তুলনামূলক কম তথ্য রয়েছে, আপনার মেজাজ শিথিল করার জন্য আপনি দ্বিভাষিক কাহিনী দেখতে পারেন, আমি আপনাকে একটি শুভ দিন কামনা করছি!
শব্দটি সি দিয়ে শুরু হয়
শব্দটি ই দিয়ে শুরু হয়
শব্দটি কে দিয়ে শুরু হয়