1. the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something;
2. a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality;
3. a perceptual structure;
4. any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline);
5. alternative names for the body of a human being;
6. the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance;
7. the visual appearance of something or someone;
8. (physical chemistry) a distinct state of matter in a system; matter that is identical in chemical composition and physical state and separated from other material by the phase boundary;
9. a printed document with spaces in which to write;
10. (biology) a group of organisms within a species that differ in trivial ways from similar groups;
11. an arrangement of the elements in a composition or discourse;
12. a particular mode in which something is manifested;
13. a body of students who are taught together;
14. an ability to perform well;
15. a life-size dummy used to display clothes
16. a mold for setting concrete;
1. to compose or represent:"This wall forms the background of the stage setting";
2. create (as an entity);
3. develop into a distinctive entity;
4. give a shape or form to;
5. make something, usually for a specific function;
6. establish or impress firmly in the mind;
7. give shape to;
Canals and rivers form the inland waterways of a country.
Division is a form of computation.
Children should form good habits from the very beginning.
The distortion of form is a constant in his painting.
Sculpture is a tangible art form.
He attached a cheque to the order form.
These instruments form a complete set. Don't separate them.
Hydrogen combines chemically with oxygen to form water.
The liquid is found in a highly concentrated form.
" Caught " is an irregular past tense form.
Facts have proved time and again the truth that energy can be changed from one form into another.
They unite to form a new company.
Lying is a form of dishonesty.
They banded with people to form a political party.
Bakers form dough into loaves.
Parents and children form a family.
The painted murals in the Dunhuang Grottoes along the ancient Silk Road in China form the world's longest painted corridor , with a total of 45,000 square metres of painted murals.
Marijuana is a common form of the drug.
the dissipation of energy in the form of heat
These paintings will form the nucleus of a new collection.
Oyster beds, on the mudflats, are a form of fish farming.
They believe humans are reincarnated in animal form.
Sue is in the sixth form now.
Swimming is probably the best form of exercise you can get.
Cereals form the staple diet of an enormous number of people around the world.
Our bone marrow contains fat in the form of small globules.
Character is not separable from physical form but is governed by it.
She handed over a form, then bobbed down again behind a typewriter.
in (或主英on) form
(of a sports player or team) playing or performing well
off (或主英out of)form
(of a sports player or team) not playing or performing well
form people/things up
(或 form up)(chiefly Military)bring or be brought into a certain arrangement or formation
Mortimer formed up his troops for the march.
form, figure, shape, outline
list, catalog(ue), rgeister, roll, schedule, table, chart, form
mould, forge, form, shape
guise develop framework make figure variety frame type way constitute cast original construction kind formality fashion shape appearance species kidney inhere grade manner mold structure sculpture contour conceive compose physique method create procedure format construct mode description institute style
There is relatively little information about form, maybe you can watch a bilingual story to relax your mood, I wish you a happy day!
Words beginning with letter C
Words beginning with letter E
Words beginning with letter K