1. the person who plays the position of forward on a basketball team
2. a position on a basketball team
1. send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit;
1. at or near or directed toward the front;
2. moving toward a position ahead;
3. used of temperament or behavior; lacking restraint or modesty;
4. of the transmission gear causing forward movement in a motor vehicle;
5. moving forward
6. situated at or toward the front;
7. situated in the front;
1. at or to or toward the front;
2. forward in time or order or degree;
3. toward the future; forward in time;
4. in a forward direction;
5. near or toward the bow of a ship or cockpit of a plane;
I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
The child at the back craned forward to see what was happening.
As he retreats , I march forward.
Take one pace forward.
No doubt he'd been looking forward to the wedding ever since it was announced, as an invaluable chance to cut a figure and do some good public relations work.
Let anyone who has guts step forward!
The centre forward headed the ball into goal.
He wants to push himself forward and be different from the others.
Just go straight forward and you'll find the post office.
I took another drink of brandy and moved forward.
I'm looking forward to paying a call to you next week.
The command post was set up in a forward position.
We look forward to your reture on an early day.
Why is it that you've come out against the proposal he put forward?
I'll have your suitcases sent forward to the hotel.
I won't go there again from this time forward.
The attack had been put forward an hour.
By making the bold promise, he had burnt his bridges , for now he had no option but to go forward with the project.
Our technical revolution is blazing its way forward through all the difficulties and advancing victoriously.
Lured by the lust of gold, the pioneers pushed forward.
They thrust themselves forward.
The soldiers pushed their advance forward in spite of heavy enemy gunfire.
He is very forward for his age.
He cracked his whip and the horse leapt forward.
The car passed over the body twice, once backward and then forward.
He has put forward new peace proposals.
Sarah came forward with a tight and angry face.
Thirty seconds later she reappeared and beckoned them forward.
Archaic practices such as these are usually put forward by people of limited outlook.
With a cry, she rushed forward.
lean forward in the saddle
I'm leaning forward in the saddle for him to write me a good cheerful letter.
send, deliver, dispatch, forward, ship, transmit
There is relatively little information about forward, maybe you can watch a bilingual story to relax your mood, I wish you a happy day!
Words beginning with letter C
Words beginning with letter E
Words beginning with letter K