1. the act of giving temporary assistance
2. the component of the aerodynamic forces acting on an airfoil that opposes gravity
3. the event of something being raised upward;
4. a wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground
5. a powered conveyance that carries skiers up a hill
6. a device worn in a shoe or boot to make the wearer look taller or to correct a shortened leg
7. one of the layers forming the heel of a shoe or boot
8. lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building
9. plastic surgery to remove wrinkles and other signs of aging from your face; an incision is made near the hair line and skin is pulled back and excess tissue is excised;
10. transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are unavailable)
11. a ride in a car;
12. the act of raising something;
1. raise from a lower to a higher position;
2. take hold of something and move it to a different location;
3. move upwards;
4. move upward;
5. make audible;
6. annul by recalling or rescinding;
7. make off with belongings of others
8. raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help;
9. invigorate or heighten;
10. raise in rank or condition;
11. take off or away by decreasing;
12. rise up;
13. pay off (a mortgage)
14. take without referencing from someone else's writing or speech; of intellectual property
15. take illegally;
16. fly people or goods to or from places not accessible by other means;
17. take (root crops) out of the ground;
18. call to stop the hunt or to retire, as of hunting dogs
19. rise upward, as from pressure or moisture;
20. put an end to;
21. remove (hair) by scalping
22. remove from a seedbed or from a nursery;
23. remove from a surface;
24. perform cosmetic surgery on someone's face
Please give me a lift onto the saddle.
It's obvious that a man isn't strong enough to lift an elephant.
With one great lift, the men moved the rock.
They use the tackle to lift the machine.
As chance would have it he was going to London as well and was able to give me a lift.
They wouldn't lift a finger to help us.
He offered me a lift.
This box is too heavy for me to lift.
The top of this box won't lift ( off ).
First we have to lift the level of instruction.
Don't kick the cat out like that, it's cruel; lift it out gently.
The mist began to lift.
When there are many people , it's easy to lift a load.
He is strong enough to lift the box.
To open the gate, lift up the latch.
The wind seemed to lift her slight body.
Soon there is enough force to lift the plane up off the ground.
I gave her a lift back out to her house.
The helicopters are designed to quickly lift soldiers and equipment to the battlefield.
Since he was stuck in a lift a year ago he hasn't dared to get back into one.
He wheeled the trolley down the corridor and disappeared with it into the service lift.
Lift carrots on a dry day and pack them horizontally in boxes of damp sand.
Her apartment was underneath a bar, called "The Lift".
Other countries are eagerly awaiting an American green light to lift the sanctions altogether.
Striking lorry drivers agreed to lift their blockades of main roads.
They will not lift a finger to help their country.
The lift holds six people at a squeeze.
He had a car and often gave me a lift home.
He has called on the government to lift its embargo on trade with Vietnam.
Straining to lift heavy weights can lead to a rise in blood pressure.
To begin flight
The spacecraft lifted off at noon.
lift a finger (或 hand)
[usu. with negative]make the slightest effort to do something, especially to help someone
he never once lifted a finger to get Jimmy released from prison.
lift his (或 its) leg
(informal)(of a male dog) urinate
To increase the range of artillery fire by elevating the muzzle of a piece.
lift a finger
Could anyone honestly say that we should have allowed Paris to be occupied and France defeated without lifting a finger?
He never stirs a finger around house!
arise, rise, raise, lift
lift, hoist, raise, elevate, heave, boost
There is relatively little information about lift, maybe you can watch a bilingual story to relax your mood, I wish you a happy day!
Words beginning with letter C
Words beginning with letter E
Words beginning with letter K