1. a business especially one run on a large scale;
2. a planned activity involving many people performing various actions;
3. a process or series of acts especially of a practical or mechanical nature involved in a particular form of work;
4. the state of being in effect or being operative;
5. a medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body;
6. activity by a military or naval force (as a maneuver or campaign);
7. (computer science) data processing in which the result is completely specified by a rule (especially the processing that results from a single instruction);
8. process or manner of functioning or operating;
9. (mathematics) calculation by mathematical methods;
10. (psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents;
11. the activity of operating something (a machine or business etc.);
Their plan had some difficulties in being in operation.
After her operation she suffered from general debility.
The operation on the new born infant was a failure.
The operation was a marvel of medical skill.
This gas will put you to sleep during the operation.
The new law will come into operation by midnight tomorrow.
Mother wondered if she could last out another operation.
The doctor performed the operation.
The young nurse was very nervous when she assisted at her first operation.
Abdominal tissues sometimes adhere after an operation.
Part of the new plant is now in operation and the remainder will be on stream later this month.
You need a long rest to pull you round after that operation.
The operation unavoidably caused the patient much pain.
That is a skillful operation.
His assistant stepped into the breach when the old surgeon was unable to go on with the operation.
an operation on her lung to remove a tumour
The operation could prolong his life by two or three years.
My father has made a full recovery from the operation.
An operation is beginning to try to save a species of crocodile from extinction.
He had a minor operation to remove a cyst.
He had an operation last year to widen a heart artery.
The police ran a sting operation to crack down on illegal guns.
We will have to wait a week or so before we know whether the operation is a success.
Dr Boutros Ghali said the operation would overstretch resources.
The operation was moving along smoothly.
The Governor has now called in the National Guard to assist the cleanup operation.
Thorn's electronics operation employs around 5,000 people.
act, action, deed, operation, performance
undertaking bargain campaign task organization maneuver business action venture project enterprise
effectuation manipulation doing activity performance working execution employment functioning utilization exercise practice handling discharge action
There is relatively little information about operation, maybe you can watch a bilingual story to relax your mood, I wish you a happy day!
Words beginning with letter C
Words beginning with letter E
Words beginning with letter K