1. a point located with respect to surface features of some region;
2. any area set aside for a particular purpose;
3. an abstract mental location;
4. a general vicinity;
5. the function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another;
6. a particular situation;
7. where you live at a particular time;
8. a job in an organization;
9. the particular portion of space occupied by a physical object;
10. proper or designated social situation;
11. a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane);
12. the passage that is being read;
13. proper or appropriate position or location;
14. a public square with room for pedestrians;
15. an item on a list or in a sequence;
16. a blank area;
1. put into a certain place or abstract location;
2. place somebody in a particular situation or location;
3. assign a rank or rating to;
4. assign a location to;
5. to arrange for;
6. take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal;
7. intend (something) to move towards a certain goal;
8. recognize as being; establish the identity of someone or something;
9. assign to (a job or a home)
12. identify the location or place of;
13. make an investment;
14. assign to a station
15. finish second or better in a horse or dog race;
16. sing a note with the correct pitch
This is the place where the storm hit.
During his presidency many changes took place.
What was doing at your place last night?
In place of the great trees which had been growing there for centuries, patches of green had begun to appear in the blackened soil.
The place has changed beyond recognition.
The flowers on the dining table touched the place with spring and youth.
Place the girl as a typist.
What a busy place , with so many people coming and going.
There is something about nationalism in this book, but I can't find the place.
Double rhythms, resounding through the lyric depiction and connecting with each other , indicate the thespian place of mankind and the cognition of the writer to this thespian place.
As the evening was drawing to an end , the firework display took place.
A great change has taken place in the situation.
When does the wedding come off [ take place ] ?
He told me to go such a place on such a date.
The sinister atmosphere of the place left an indelible imprint on my memory.
Place your bets now — the race begins in half an hour!
In the evening of his life he traveled from place to place.
Do you place any credit in the government's story?
Surely because progress of a particular kind is actually taking place around us.
He was never happy living at home with his parents, so as soon as possible he flew the coop and got his own place.
He failed to finish the plan. So they place great pressure on him to resign.
She went from place to place, and dug and weeded.
These ruins sufficiently attest the former grandeur of the place.
As far as marksmanship is concerned, I don't place in my company.
give place to
be succeeded or replaced by
(informal)visit places; travel
keep someone in his (或 her) place
keep someone from becoming presumptuous
out of place
not in the proper position; disarranged
put oneself in someone's place
consider a situation from someone's point of view
put someone in his (或 her) place
deflate or humiliate someone regarded as being presumptuous
take one's place
take up the physical position or status in society that is correct or due for one
take the place of
In the appropriate or usual position or order
With everything in place, she started the slide show.
In the same spot; without moving forwards or backwards
While marching in place, the band played a popular tune.
in place of
keep (one's) place 或 know (one's) place
To recognize one's social position and act according to traditional decorum.
put (someone) in his or her place
To lower the dignity of (someone); humble.
place in the sun
A dominant or favorable position or situation.
Your place or mine?
Your place or mine? It doesn't matter.
lay, place, put, set
place, position, post, situation
place, position, spot, situation, site, location, locality, setting, scene
impose induct nominate arrange position collocate put fix reservation set zone install whereabouts residence vicinity quarter perspective corner site territory spot service seat deposit district identify locate invest park concealment province situation grade bestow location habitat compose station region appointment situate
There is relatively little information about place, maybe you can watch a bilingual story to relax your mood, I wish you a happy day!
Words beginning with letter C
Words beginning with letter E
Words beginning with letter K