1. the particular portion of space occupied by a physical object;
2. a point occupied by troops for tactical reasons
3. a way of regarding situations or topics etc.;
4. position or arrangement of the body and its limbs;
5. the relative position or standing of things or especially persons in a society;
6. a job in an organization;
7. the spatial property of a place where or way in which something is situated;
8. the appropriate or customary location;
9. (in team sports) the role assigned to an individual player;
10. the act of putting something in a certain place or location
11. a condition or position in which you find yourself;
12. an item on a list or in a sequence;
13. a rationalized mental attitude
14. an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute;
15. the function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another;
16. the act of positing; an assumption taken as a postulate or axiom
1. cause to be in an appropriate place, state, or relation
2. put into a certain place or abstract location;
Mr. White occupies an important position in the Ministry of Education.
We can't give Smith the position. To begin with, he's too young; secondly, I want my son to have the job.
No matter how high one's position, he must never be a law unto himself.
He took uninterrupted occupancy of this position for ten years.
I am in a rather unique position, as my job is different from anyone else's.
You must state your position on matters of principle . Don't be equivocal.
She was a woman of high position in the government.
He obtained a government position through interest with a cabinet minister.
The lawyer reached a position of prominence in her profession at an early age.
The official was accompanied by all the pomp of his high position.
The enemy attacked our foremost position all night.
It was a long hard pull for him to get to the top of his position.
She's not in position to decide.
No honor attaches to this position.
Ten years had evened up their position.
The Archbishop of Canterbury holds the highest position in the Church of England.
Such conduct hardly sorts with the position as a teacher.
He is unsuited for that position.
He was raised to the position of manager.
The regiment secured its position while awaiting the enemy attack.
He used his position to repudiate the charge.
in a position of authority
the doctrinal position of the English church
She lay curled up in a foetal position .
She found it necessary to reassert her position.
His position had become untenable and he was forced to resign.
Since 1991, parents have been advised not to put their infants down to sleep in the prone position.
place, position, post, situation
place, position, spot, situation, site, location, locality, setting, scene
stand, attitude, position
There is relatively little information about position, maybe you can watch a bilingual story to relax your mood, I wish you a happy day!
Words beginning with letter C
Words beginning with letter E
Words beginning with letter K