1. any broad thin expanse or surface;
2. used for writing or printing
3. bed linen consisting of a large rectangular piece of cotton or linen cloth; used in pairs
4. (mathematics) an unbounded two-dimensional shape;
5. newspaper with half-size pages
6. a flat artifact that is thin relative to its length and width
7. (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
8. a large piece of fabric (as canvas) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
1. come down as if in sheets;
2. cover with a sheet, as if by wrapping;
After balling each sheet of paper into a wad, she threw it away.
A sheet of metal was shaken to simulate the noise of thunder.
The noble stared at the blank sheet of paper for a few seconds.
She wrapped a sheet of paper around the book.
I would give my ears for a glance at that balance sheet.
He writes on both sides of the sheet to conserve paper.
He smoked a sheet of glass to look at the sun.
The enemy base became a sheet of flames.
This type of sheet steel could stand high pressure.
He hammered out the dents in the metal sheet.
Henry has apologized for his bad behaviour and should be allowed to rejoin the group with a clean sheet.
Each sheet was covered with small, neat handwriting.
She doubled the sheet of the paper and put it away.
Under the newspaper, atop a sheet of paper, lay an envelope.
Vinyl can be laid in sheet or tile form.
She took up a sheet and ratcheted it into the typewriter.
He snapped his fingers, and Wilson produced a sheet of paper.
This sheet contained a list of problems a patient might like to raise with the doctor.
Your cv should be short—two sides of a sheet of A4 paper should normally be enough.
I should have simply Xeroxed this sheet for you.
Lay a sheet of newspaper on the floor.
Before leaving, he went into his office to fill in the daily time sheet.
That date wasn't down on our news sheet.
Throwing back the sheet, he sprang from the bed.
We should bring together the departments so that we're all singing from the same hymn sheet.
The streets were now in one fierce sheet of flame.
Take a sheet of filo pastry and brush it with melted butter.
two (或 three) sheets to the wind
three sheets to the wind 或 three sheets in the wind 【非正式用语】
bit, piece, sheet, slice, fragment, scrap
There is relatively little information about sheet, maybe you can watch a bilingual story to relax your mood, I wish you a happy day!
Words beginning with letter C
Words beginning with letter E
Words beginning with letter K