1. an army unit large enough to sustain combat;
2. one of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole;
3. the act or process of dividing
4. an administrative unit in government or business
5. an arithmetic operation that is the inverse of multiplication; the quotient of two numbers is computed
6. discord that splits a group
7. a league ranked by quality;
8. (biology) a group of organisms forming a subdivision of a larger category
9. (botany) taxonomic unit of plants corresponding to a phylum
10. a unit of the United States Air Force usually comprising two or more wings
11. a group of ships of similar type
12. the act of dividing or partitioning; separation by the creation of a boundary that divides or keeps apart
Division is a form of computation.
The general trend under heaven is that there is bound to be unification after prolonged division and division after prolonged unification.
The division commander ordered that we start the attack before dawn.
In its absence China would retrogress into division and chaos, and modernization would become impossible.
The team will have to play much better if they want to get back into the first division.
They reformed a division into a regiment.
Division arose over the interpretation of the idea.
After this win, the team will be promoted to the First Division.
Unequal distribution of wealth may cause division in society.
A division of soldiers who won honour for their bravery in the last war will march past during this afternoon's ceremony.
the division of labour between the sexes
Relegation to the Third Division would prove catastrophic.
He reported to a section chief, who reported to a division chief, and so on up the line.
Villa had just been relegated from the First Division.
The narrowness of the government's victory reflected deep division within the Party.
The two London clubs are the only undefeated teams in the division.
First Airborne Division was heavily outgunned by German forces.
Strategic policy during the War was vitiated because of a sharp division between "easterners" and "westerners"
The essence of dialectical thought is division.
The club had slipped to the bottom of Division Four.
He joined the 40th Division as an army chaplain.
Football, and Aston Villa will reclaim their lead at the top of the English First Division.
Keegan's team have been cutting an irresistible swathe through the first division.
He rescued the company and later spun off its textile division into a separate company.
division of labour
the assignment of different parts of a manufacturing process or task to different people in order to improve efficiency
part, piece, section, division, portion, fraction, fragment, segment, share
Thông tin về division tương đối ít, có thể xem truyện song ngữ để thư giãn tâm trạng, chúc các bạn một ngày vui vẻ!
Các từ bắt đầu bằng C
Các từ bắt đầu bằng E
Các từ bắt đầu bằng K