1. the distinctive quality or pitch or condition of a person's speech;
2. the sound made by the vibration of vocal folds modified by the resonance of the vocal tract;
3. a sound suggestive of a vocal utterance;
4. expressing in coherent verbal form;
5. a means or agency by which something is expressed or communicated;
6. something suggestive of speech in being a medium of expression;
7. (metonymy) a singer;
8. an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose;
9. the ability to speak;
10. (linguistics) the grammatical relation (active or passive) of the grammatical subject of a verb to the action that the verb denotes
11. the melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music;
1. give voice to;
2. utter with vibrating vocal chords
I seemed to hear a voice in the distance.
She spoke in a low voice, always without inflection.
This song is pitched too high for my voice.
The voice of the singer still rings in my ears.
He spoke in a voice touched with emotion.
The voice sounds familiar.
Judging by the sound of his voice, the man couldn't be very young.
Our fax machine differentiates between an incoming fax signal and a voice call.
The singer's voice was just audible.
He answered with a calm voice.
She possesses a soprano voice of unusually fine quality.
He sink his voice to a whisper.
There was a tremble in her voice.
She sings with a natural voice.
He lowered his voice to a whisper.
Her voice was husky with anger.
My wife had laryngitis and lost her voice for several days.
I like to be a professional singer, but I don't think I have a good enough voice.
He tried to conceal his distress, but the tremor in his voice was unmistakable.
Her mother's voice in the corridor roused her from an angry trance.
He has lost his voice.
There was a positively triumphant note in her voice.
His voice was coolly impersonal.
His voice is beginning to crack.
Her voice has a very high pitch.
A parrot can mimic a person's voice.
Her voice was faintly mocking.
His voice was full of reproach.
She scuttled off when she heard the sound of his voice.
There was a slight tremor in his voice.
give voice to
allow (a particular emotion, opinion, or point of view) to be expressed
in proper vocal condition for singing or speaking
the soprano is in marvellous voice.
with one voice
In complete agreement; unanimously
Our group rejected the proposal with one voice.
noise, sound, voice
There is relatively little information about voice, maybe you can watch a bilingual story to relax your mood, I wish you a happy day!
Words beginning with letter C
Words beginning with letter E
Words beginning with letter K